Wednesday, August 17, 2011

How we are supposed to eat...

These past couple of days eating just veggies, lean protein, and lean dairy products I have been thinking - maybe this diet works because this is how we are supposed to eat.
God gave us animals, vegetables, fruits, to EAT and ENJOY.  It's us who messed with nature adding corn syrup, hormones, fat, and most of all convenience to all of our food.  So here are my observations on day 3 and maybe I'll be less enthusiastic on day 13 but I hope not.  Maybe none of this has to do with the actual diet but my mind set has changed.  Who knows.  Anywho....
Observations...
- I feel full for a longer period of time, no more sugar highs and lows.

- For some reason and I am really motivated to exercise, I've ridden my bike each morning this week.

- There isn't a sacrafice of flavor - right now I'm eating a cheese burger salad (lean amy's 8% patty, low fat cheese, lettuce, one slice of turkey bacon, and grilled onions).  Tastes wonderful and it doesn't feel "diet".

- I think this change is really going to benefit my kids. No I do not have them on a diet - they are 7 and 10 and healthy weights but they too enjoy sugar way too much.  I still give them a treat in their lunch box and of course I'm giving them fruit but eating a SB dinner is not going to hurt them.  For example last night I had made a turkey breast in the crock pot and served it with spinach and green beans. I attempted Cauliflower "mashed potatoes" but made them the real stuff.  That was a satisfying, and healthy meal.

- I am already having fewer cravings! That feels wonderful.

- I confess I really wanted a muffin this morning - lol.  But I ate my daily alloted 15 nuts and some low fat cheese and I felt satisfied.  (at breakfast time I really wish I liked eggs but no can do).

Below are two meals I've cooked - both in the crock pot. 
Turkey breast and green beans

Pinto bean soup (this is tonights dinner, we'll see how it turns out!).

No comments:

Post a Comment